HONOLULU, April 1, 2021–Starting today, April 1, holoholo, the new Hawai’i-based, locally owned rideshare company founded by longtime SpeediShuttle CEO Cecil Morton, is looking to recruit drivers on Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi Island, Maui, Lānaʻi, and Kauaʻi.
Holoholo’s platform offers a marketplace of community drivers where riders can request a vehicle in minutes from their smartphone, see the cost, and have it charged to their credit card, which helps riders have access to reliable and safe transportation. Holoholo’s mission is to simplify the ridesharing experience and connect our communities to local businesses in Hawaiʻi. Morton said, “It is incredibly important to me that with our industry knowledge and resources that we do everything in our power to help create a more sustainable Hawai’i while giving earning opportunities to our local residents and providing safe, reliable transportation.”
What makes holoholo different?
• Transparency for rider and driver pricing (no surge and no surprises)
• Sustainable product offering (green vehicle option)
• Locally owned and operated (connect face-to-face with local employees and offices)
• A focus on safety for rider and drivers (ongoing background/wellness checks and COVID practices)
On April 1, 2021 future drivers can get started by downloading the drivers’ app from the Google Play Store or theApple Store and completing the application. After holoholo reviews the application, the company will invite qualified drivers to an in-person car inspection and training session. On approval, the company will then activate the account. “Building a brand and business has always been about the people to me, when I decided to move forward with this idea it was non-negotiable to bring our drivers into the ʻohana through above and beyond service, transparent pay and an ongoing commitment to constantly improve,” Morton said.
• 21 years or older
• A minimum of three years of driving experience
• Pass an initial and ongoing comprehensive background and driver history check
• A vehicle–4 doors, minimum of three seats, and eight years old or newer (no limousines or trucks)
• Smartphone with holoholo Driver App
• Read and accept best-driver practices
• Pass a pre-trip inspection
• Pass ongoing wellness checks
And provide the following information:
• Valid Hawaiʻi driver’s license
• Proof of residency
• Vehicle registration
• Personal vehicle insurance
• Hawaiʻi Vehicle Inspection Sticker
Other Driver Benefits:
• Fuel discount program for fuel access on Maui in Kahului, and on Hawaiʻi Island in Hilo, Kona, and Kawaihae
• PPE kit with hand sanitizers, wipes and masks
The soft launch for riders to begin using the holoholo App is set for later this month.
Holoholo’s spokesperson Rob Mora is available for interviews.
Holoholo is a locally owned transportation network company offering a marketplace of community drivers on Oʻahu, Maui, Hawaiʻi Island, Kauaʻi & Lānaʻi. The company’s mission is to simplify the ridesharing experience and connect its communities to local businesses in Hawaiʻi. For more information about how to drive with holoholo, please visit https://driveholoholo.com.