HONOLULU, May 24, 2021–After opening to drivers in April, holoholo, the new Hawaiʻi-based, locally owned rideshare company founded by longtime SpeediShuttle CEO Cecil Morton, is launching today to riders on Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi Island, Maui, Lānaʻi, and Kauaʻi.
Holoholo’s platform offers a marketplace of community drivers where riders can request a vehicle in minutes from their smartphone, see the cost, and have it charged to their credit card, helping riders have access to reliable and safe transportation. Holoholo’s mission is to simplify the ridesharing experience and connect our communities to local businesses in Hawaiʻi. “I am excited to finally bring a locally owned and operated ridesharing service to the people of Hawaiʻi and connect businesses and communities at the push of a button,” Morton said.
Starting today, holoholo riders can download the holoholo Mobility App, or book a ride online. Drivers should download the holoholo Driver App. “With holoholo you’re getting a local company with a platform built on the values of community, sustainability and safety,” Rob Mora, a holoholo spokesperson, said. “Ridesharing is an important part of the transportation eco-system in Hawaiʻi and it’s exciting to see a homegrown brand come to life and do their part to bring earning opportunity and accessible fair pricing to locals and visitors.”
What’s the holoholo Difference?
• Transparency for rider and driver pricing (no surge pricing and no surprises)
• Sustainable product offering (green vehicle option)
• Locally owned and operated (connect face-to-face with local employees and offices)
• A focus on safety for rider and drivers (ongoing background/wellness checks and COVID practices)
How to Book a Ride
• Holoholo Mobility App: Download the App from the Google Play Store or the Apple Store from any smartphone and sign up with a valid credit card.
• Holoholo Website: Go to rideholoholo.com/book-online and enter a mobile phone number, email and valid credit card. No signup is needed. Note that App features like driver tracking are unavailable if booking online.
Holoholo Products & Services
• Holoholo (1-4 pax): Affordable, everyday rides
• Green (1-4 pax): Low-emission rides
• Holoholo XL (1-5 pax): Larger vehicles that can seat up to 5 passengers
• Luxury (1-4 pax): Premium rides with highly rated drivers
• Assist (1-4 pax): Special assistance from certified drivers
• Military (1-4 pax): Base access made easy
Cecil Morton and spokesperson Rob Mora are available for interviews.
Holoholo is a locally owned transportation network company offering a marketplace of community drivers on Oʻahu, Maui, Hawaiʻi Island, Kauaʻi & Lānaʻi. The company’s mission is to simplify the ridesharing experience and connect its communities to local businesses in Hawaiʻi. For more information about holoholo, please visit rideholoholo.com.