We're here to help.
Riding with holoholo
Fares and Fees
If you believe you’ve been overcharged or an error has occurred in your account, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to make the proper corrections. Our Custimer Support Team is available to assist you in any overcharges or payment issues.
Unlike other services, holoholo uses a fixed pricing model and does not have surge pricing, so the price you see upfront is the price of your ride.
If you’re a new rider or have updated your payment method, you may see a pending charge. This is not an additional fee, but a temporary authorization to verify that your credit card is valid. This authorization will never be processed, but could show up as a pending charge on your bank statement. It is typically removed in 5-7 business days.
You are responsible if you or a member of your group causes any damages to the Driver’s vehicle (interior or exterior). The damage will be accessed and a charge will be made to your default payment method. This includes any messes made that require cleaning services. The airport & service fee part of your bill is related to the holoholo platform, and is applied to operating costs (administrative, insurance, safety measures) and mandated state of Hawaii airport arrival fees.
Cancellation and no show fees occur when a driver has already begun traveling to your pickup locations. If a driver is at the pickup location, no show fees can be charged if you do not respond to phone calls or text messages, and the Driver has to wait longer than three minutes.
- Temporary authorization – If you see a pending transaction, this may not be a charge. For new users or if you’ve updated payment information, there is a temporary authorization that will verify your preferred payment method. Your bank usually removes this from your statement within 5-7 business days.
- Ride started without you – This could range between believing that your Driver has started charging you before you have entered the vehicle or that a different rider has taken your ride. If you think these or similar situations have occurred, please, contact “Customer Support” and we will investigate these charges immediately.
- Family member or friend’s ride – If you’ve booked a ride for another passenger on your account, we recommend contacting them before disputing any fees. Also, check if you’ve logged into your account from someone else’s phone, you may still be the default login for any rides that they’re booking. If there’s suspicious activity, we can lock your account while we investigate the matter.
- Discounts or Rewards didn’t apply – Any current discounts, holoholo credits, or rewards are automatically applied to your account. Be sure to check for any limitations or expiration dates to any limited time offers.
- Rider Cancellations – You can cancel a ride at any time with holoholo. From the holoholo app click on your upcoming reservation and click on the arrow on the bottom left of the banner to see the reservation details. Click on “EDIT MY RESERVATION”. Go to the bottom of the page and click “Cancel my reservation”. If a driver is already headed to your pickup location, you may be charged with a $5.00 cancellation or no-fee show.
- Health & Safety Concerns – holoholo is committed to both our rider’s and driver’s health and safety. As part of this commitment, everyone (both drivers and passengers) in a vehicle must wear a face covering. Additionally passengers cannot sit in the front seat. If a driver arrives without face covering, you may cancel the ride. Similarly, if you are not wearing a face covering, or your party is large enough that someone must sit in the front seat, the driver may cancel the ride.
holoholo’s cancel and no-show fees are applied automatically to your account when:
- The cancellation window has passed and a driver has accepted your ride
- The driver is already making their way to your pickup location and is within five (5) minutes of the original estimated arrival time.
- The driver has arrived at your location and has tried to contact you and waited for more than three (3) minutes.
For shared rides, holoholo may charge a cancellation fee if you cancel at any point after the driver accepts your request.
Ultimately it’s left to the discretion of your driver to apply a no-show fee. That’s why it’s important to keep lines of communication open.
To review past trips:
- Open the app and tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Tap “Your Reservations”’
- Go to bottom of the page and select middle tab “Past”
If you still think the fee is a misunderstanding, please, contact Customer Support and we would be happy to help review your ride history and any related fees.
Temporary authorization holds are not actual charges to your holoholo account. They may appear in bank statements for new users or if you change your preferred payment method. This is standard industry practice, and we use it to verify your payment method.
The hold should appear as pending until it disappears from your account entirely. Your bank will usually remove a temporary authorization within 5-7 business days.
If a temporary authorization causes an overdraft, please, contact your bank with questions.
If authorization fails, you will not be able to request a ride with that payment method. Contact your bank or card issuer if the declined payment is in dispute.
How to View your Charges
If you want to find out more about charges to your account, you can always visit your “Ride History” in the holoholo app. There you can review receipts from any previous trip with the amounts, payment methods, and trip details listed.
holoholo drivers maintain their vehicles in order to provide the comfortable transportation you are looking for. With this in mind, you are also responsible if you or a member of your group causes any damages to a driver’s vehicle (interior or exterior, such as damage to upholstery or body components).
The damage will be accessed and a charge will be made to your account. You’ll receive an email with an updated trip receipt and reasons for the adjustment (along with photos of the damage). An update will also be available in the “Ride History” tab in holoholo.
Typical Types of Damage
Damage and mess charges can vary based on severity. These charges help drivers maintain their vehicles after any incident, and reflect cleaning and repair costs.
No damage: $0 – This includes small messes that are easily picked up including water bottles and trash.
Minor impact: $25 – Includes messes that requires vacuuming or additional cleaning time (mud, sand, minor spills).
Moderate exterior mess: $35 – Damage only to the outside of the vehicle, such as biowaste or food/beverage messes.
Moderate interior mess: $85 – Interior damage such as major food/liquid spills and moderate bodily fluid messes on fabric or other hard-to-clean surfaces.
Major damage: $155 – Either interior and exterior of the vehicle, or extreme damage to the upholster or interior (including burns and major bodily fluid mess).
If you feel any charges are inaccurate or unjust, let us know by contacting Customer Support and providing your details of the situation.
The service fee supports our operating costs. This fee is related to costs like safety measures, insurance, and background checks. The service fee is included in the upfront price, and can be seen as a line item in your ride receipt.
Additionally, rides from HNL airport include a 7% surcharge, and 3% from all other airports in Hawaii.
Request a Ride
You can request a ride through the app or the website at any time. Getting started with holoholo is easy!
Using the holoholo App
First download the HoloApp from the App Store (iOS) or the Google Play store
- Set your location if you want to be picked up from where you are at. Otherwise choose where you would like to be picked up.
- Choose your destination – begin to type in an address or choose addresses from a drop down list.
- Choose the vehicle and price you would like
- If you would like to reserve your trip for tomorrow, next week, or at any later time – choose schedule your ride
- Log in or create your own login if you would like
- Otherwise enter your payment details and book your ride!
Using the Website
You can also book rides through the holoholo website. It’s easy. You don’t even need to sign up. Just enter in a mobile phone number, email, credit card, and start cruising. Make sure you enter in the mobile phone number that you’ll be taking with you, or we won’t be able to contact you. By requesting a ride online, you also won’t be able to use any app exclusive features like driver tracking.
To request a trip:
- Go to URL
- Enter the pickup and drop-off locations
- Select “Ride details” to choose your desired ride type
- Select “Request a holoholo ride”
Please, keep your phone with you, so you can receive updates by text. All features may not be available when booking through the website.
Request a ride for others
You can also request a ride for someone else:
- Pick your destination as usual
- Tap your name on the screen
- Select a rider from your contact list
The app will request access to your contact list. The guest rider will then be notified a ride was sent to them.
Unable to Request a holoholo Car
Here are some common causes to help troubleshoot if you receive an error message while trying to book a ride:
- Need to update payment method or not enough funds available to cover the cost
- No drivers are currently available
- Your account has been deleted or deactivated
- Connectivity issues with your smartphone or PC
- The holoholo app needs to be updated
If you’re traveling with young ones, we recommend you bring your child’s car seats.
If you need additional room for a foldable mobility device, select an Assist vehicle. This service is designed for transportation to medical appointments with enough room to accommodate foldable mobility devices including canes, crutches, walkers, and other similar assistive tools. As well as larger foldable wheelchairs and scooters.
All drivers are pleased to transport any rider with foldable mobility devices and will assist you to store your mobility devices (unless the driver is physically unable to assist) in the trunk area of the vehicle.
You can either book a ride immediately or reserve a scheduled ride ahead of time. This is the perfect option for early morning trips to the airport. You can schedule a trip up to 7 days ahead of time.
You must select a pickup window for a scheduled ride. You will receive a reminder before your pickup even if a driver has not yet been found.
Schedule a ride for a later time
- Select your destination
- Tap “Schedule your ride”
- Choose a date on the calendar and a time below it
- Click “Set pick up time”
- Choose your vehicle and price
- Enter your payment details
You can cancel your scheduled ride at any time, and cancellation fees only apply if the driver is already on their way and due to arrive within the designated pickup time.
When a driver has accepted your ride request, you can see the driver’s name, profile photo, driver rating, and estimated time of arrival. We will send a text message when your driver arrives. Are you ready to ride with holoholo? Locally owned, locally driven!
You can contact the driver by tapping the phone icon or text icon in the holoholo app. This is the best way to share special instructions or find each other at the pick up location.
Our coverage zone is the area where you can request rides with holoholo. Coverage areas include Oahu, Maui, Kauai, the Big Island of Hawaii, and Lanai. holoholo drivers provide coverage of each island, and you can use the holoholo app on any island. Of course, you can only book pick up and drop off locations on one island, there are no rides between islands.
holoholo Ride Types
holoholo is our standard, or economy, ride that seats up to 4 passengers.
XL provides larger vehicles, like larger sedans and SUVs. These vehicles can fit up to six passengers, but due to current health concerns, the front passenger seat must remain empty.
XL rates are more expensive than our standard holoholo service, but less expensive than Luxury. Prices vary by island.
To get started, select “XL” and request a ride.
Ride the islands in style with Luxury. Our Luxury rides provide high-end sedans or SUVs that seat up to four passengers. Our luxury vehicles feature leather or leather-like interiors.
Prices vary by island.
To get started, select “Luxury” and request a ride.
Help support sustainability and keep Hawaii green by booking our Green service – offering low-emission vehicles ranging from hybrids to fully electric. Our green vehicles produce at least 25% less carbon emissions than the standard holoholo trip.
To get started, select “Green” and request a ride.
Military is the best way to get to military bases in Hawaii, where regular vehicles are not allowed to provide transportation. Military is a program to service members and families. These are standard vehicles with drivers who have access to military bases.
To get started, select “Military” and request a ride.
Reliable transfers to and from your medical appointments with vehicles that can accommodate foldable mobility devices. All drivers are pleased to transport any rider with foldable mobility devices and will assist you to store your mobility devices (unless the driver is physically unable to assist) in the trunk area of the vehicle.
Foldable mobility devices include canes, crutches, walkers, and other similar assistive tools. As well as larger foldable wheelchairs and scooters.
To get started, select “Assist” and request a ride.
Let’s all go together with Group options. This is the best travel option on the island for large groups who want to travel together. These group shuttle services seat up to 14 seats with luggage, and feature Mercedes Benz sprinter shuttles.
For any groups traveling with 7 or more with luggage, please, consider booking a ride with SpeediShuttle.
When you ride with holoholo, we make sure that you know that your safety is our top priority. Our ride tracking feature is just one of safety measures to ensure the best service possible. We let you share your location with friends, family, or any trusted contact.
The shared information includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off locations
- GPS location of your ride
- Driver’s name and photo
- Driver’s vehicle info and license plate number
You can share your trip information anytime, before or during your ride. Just select share ride details in the safety tools section of the app. Or you can set it to automatically share your trip information with trusted contacts whenever you ride with holoholo. You can add up to 5 people from your contact list. They will get a text message with a link, and you will receive a notification if they have clicked on the link.
You can select when you want a tracker notification sent to your contacts:
- Always – Whenever you ride with holoholo, your contacts will get your travel information
- Only at night – Only share your information when you take rides between 9 PM and 6 AM.
- Don’t Share Automatically – Choose when to share your ride details by tapping ‘Safety tools’ during your ride.
We can accommodate passengers with accessibility needs with holoholo Assist. You can request a vehicle that can accommodate foldable wheelchairs and similar devices, or you can pre-arrange transportation that can accommodate a full-sized, non-foldable wheelchair or scooter.
This service is ideal for reliable transfers to and from your medical appointments and is intended for riders who may need additional help to enter and exit a vehicle. Wheelchair assistance does not have an additional cost, however, riders should keep in mind that they may have longer wait times, as there are generally fewer trained drivers available. We recommend pre-arranged rides with Assist to guarantee a vehicle will be ready.
For riders who are blind or have low-level vision, holoholo drivers are required to allow service animals to be transported with them. By using the holoholo platform, drivers agree to accommodate riders with service animals, as well as riders using foldable wheelchairs or other similar assistive aids. Drivers should also assist with storage of mobility devices (unless the driver is physically unable to) in the trunk area of the vehicle.
Mobility devices include:
- Foldable Wheelchairs & Scooters
- Folding Walkers
- Canes, crutches and similar assistive devices
holoholo riders can see a breakdown of their rides and billing at any time by accessing your “Ride History” in the app. It’s the fastest way to get the ride information you need. holoholo also sends a digital receipt to your profile’s email address. Remember to check your email settings and spam folders, if you haven’t gotten your holoholo receipt.
Need a ride for your team? holoholo Business makes it easy to expense rides for your business needs. If you take a ride using a Business profile, we will include notes about each ride and send business ride receipts directly to work emails.
You can only create a corporate account from the website. You cannot create a corporate account from the app at this time. You cannot have two accounts for the same email address.
The simplest way to retrieve a lost item is to contact your driver directly. If you’re having trouble contacting your driver, Customer Support can help you get in touch.
Keep in mind that there is a $15 fee to return lost items. The fee is charged directly to your account after your item is returned. This is to help pay for your driver’s time and effort.
How to contact your driver
holoholo makes it easy to contact your driver after a ride. However, please, keep in mind that your driver’s schedule plays a big role in how long it will take to return a lost item.
If your ride was less than 24 hours ago:
- Go into your “Ride history,” in the app and select the ride where you lost an item
- Select “Find Lost Item” at the bottom of the screen
- Select “Call” or “Send Message” to contact driver
If your tide was more than 24 hours ago:
- Try to contact the driver through your “Ride History”
- If the driver doesn’t respond, contact “Customer Support”, and our team will assist you.
You can also report lost items through your digital receipt. If you’ve lost your phone, please, use “Customer Support.”
Need an item sent? This is perfect for anyone on vacation. We’re happy to send a lost item back to you. Keep in mind that shipped items take much more time than in person returns, and we’re unable to guarantee a time frame. There are also additional fees associated with shipping. The cost will vary based upon the item being shipped.
After your ride, you will be prompted to rate your driver and confirm payment. You can also add a tip and promo code (if applicable). Once payment has been submitted, you will receive a digital receipt to your email.
You can update your default payment method at any time. We accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, Google Pay, and Apple Pay.
All tips go to your driver, and you can tip drivers in cash or through the app.
The easiest way to tip a driver, of course, is when you pay through the app. You can add a tip through the app if it’s been less than 72 hours since your trip has ended, and you haven’t entered in a rating or payment yet.
Add a tip later
If you forget or would simply like to tip later, you can add a tip up to 72 hours after the ride is complete. You can add a tip later through the ‘Ride History’ in the app. Simply select the ride, and then hit “Tip Driver.” You can add a tip through your emailed ride receipt as well.
If the tipping links are no longer active, you can still add a tip through Customer Support. You will need to have the following details handy:
- Driver’s name
- Time and date
- Pickup and drop-off locations
- Amount you’d like to tip
Please note that tips cannot exceed 200% of the ride cost, or a maximum of $50.
Rating your driver is a way to get your voice heard. Your feedback is crucial to help make holoholo a fun and safe trip for everyone. All ratings and feedback is anonymous and reviewed before being shared with a driver. And remember that your driver can rate you, too!
When you request a ride, both you and your driver will see each other’s ratings. Ratings are on a 1 to 5 star scale with five being the highest rating. Whenever you rate a driver three or less, you will not be paired with them again.
After your ride, you can rate your driver at the pay screen on the app.
Things to Consider when Rating
- Try to rate your driver on the entire experience, start to finish.
- If you had a great ride, don’t be stingy with the 5 star ratings. 5 stars simply means there were no issues on the trip
- 1 star ratings should indicate a serious problem. Contact Customer support to lodge more detailed complaints.
- Price concerns or factors outside your driver’s control, should not be part of your rating
- Your driver ratings help us. It is the easiest way to let us know how your trip went.
Your Ride History provides the history of every ride with holoholo. But more than history it’s the easy place to add tips, report lost items, and request receipts. Mahalo.
After each ride, a receipt is emailed and you can rate your driver at the pay prompt. However, you can always use your ride history to request receipts and add tips. You can add tips from your Ride History up to up to 72 hours after your ride. If you’d like to leave a tip after this period, you will have to contact Customer Support.
You can report lost items through your Ride History. Select the ride where you believe an item was lost and select “Lost Item.” You’ll be given prompts to contact your driver and arrange an item pickup.
You can also request a price review through your Ride History. If you feel there’s something wrong with your price, select “Request review” and give us any details to help determine the best way to assist you.
Ride Fares and Discounts
When you use our fare calculator, what you see is what you get. When holoholo says upfront pricing, we mean it. Before you reserve your ride, our fare calculator gives you more than just an estimate, but the price you’ll be paying for any trip in Hawaii.
We calculate our fees based on your route and the type of holoholo ride you are choosing. We use fixed pricing, so time and traffic issues are never a factor in your final price. And we never implement surge pricing, so anytime is a great time to cruise with holoholo. Because of our upfront pricing, you always know how much a holoholo ride will cost in advance. It’s the perfect way to plan your trip ahead of schedule.
Because of our upfront pricing, we cannot offer additional stops during trips.
All airport arrivals have an airport fee assessed by the Department of Transportation. There’s a 7% on O‘ahu and 3% at all other airports on other islands.
We take care of you at holoholo. Whether it’s safety or a great deal, we are there to help provide the perfect travel experience in paradise. We offer ride discounts and promotions throughout Hawaii.
All of our active promotions can be claimed by using the appropriate promo codes. You can view any active promotions on your account in the promo section of the app. You can see values, experience dates, and ride limits for any promotions that are currently being applied.
Our Types of Promotions
These are the typical types of promotions you’ll find on holoholo:
- Percentage discounts – These reduce your fare total by a percentage.
- Fixed discounts – This is a set dollar amount removed from your fare.
Be sure to check all the terms and conditions of specific promotions. Terms are available in any promotional communications (emails) and in the “Promo” section of the app.
All discounts are only valid for one ride and will not roll over to other rides. If a ride costs more than the discount offered, the difference will be charged to your account on your default payment method.
How to use promo codes
Claim a promotion by entering the promo code on your app.
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Tap ‘Promos’ in the menu that appears
- Tap ‘Enter promo code’ to add your code (remember to check spelling)
- Tap ‘Apply’ to finish
If the promotion is not working, common issues include the expiration date or location. Most promotions are valid for a limited time only, and may only be valid on certain islands.
Get Started with holoholo
Download the App
holoholo is easy to use and your best way to navigate your way around Hawaii. Let’s show your support for kama’aina owned and independently operated businesses that drive our communities.
You can book online or via the app. When you request a ride online, you don’t need to sign up. Just enter in a mobile phone number, email, credit card, and start cruising. However, you won’t be able to use any app features like driver tracking. You can get the Rider App on any smartphone and sign up with a valid credit card to get the full holoholo experience. With holoholo you’re getting a kama’aina company with a platform built around safety, awesome service, and Ho’okipa.